WebM support?

Any feature requests go in here...

WebM support?

Postby Depaq » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:42 pm

Was wondering of the possibility to add WebM support to the images section? I would like to have this script able to let users upload and display WebM content that is fully functional, and able to loop.

depthy.me is becoming a little popular in my community.
Depaq
Newbie Member

Re: WebM support?

Postby SamEA » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:09 pm

I don't have any experience with WebM, but what are you trying to achieve with DFH by using WebM?
SamEA,
DaddyScripts' Admin & Developer.

Require a PHP or general IT freelancer? Don't hesitate to PM me.
SamEA
Site Admin

Postby Depaq » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:18 pm

Well, I like the script as it is. But that depthy website has introduced a new use for webm. Being able to upload and view webm files from within the script, to me, adds a large value to any script because not many are supporting this feature yet. I've found one other that can do it by using a plugin, but it requires me to manually activate each webm. Not very good for community use if they have to wait on me all the time.

I'd like to see behavior similar to 4chan. Anyone can upload a webm, and the script generates a preview that is displayed in the images list. When the visitor opens the link, I'd like it to embed the file and play in a loop, the same way a GIF does.

Even if you have to add this as a premium feature, I think it is well worth it.
Depaq
Newbie Member

Postby SamEA » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:44 pm

Moving to Feature Request.

Enabling support to play WebM is not a hard task to achieve. However, if you want DFH to perform video conversation to WebM, this requires a lot of additional setup. For example, installing and configuring FFMPEG.
SamEA,
DaddyScripts' Admin & Developer.

Require a PHP or general IT freelancer? Don't hesitate to PM me.
SamEA
Site Admin

Return to Feature Request